Cheryl's Testimony
Monday, October 26, 2009




Hello everyone! *waves*

this may be a little lengthy, but i believe it's worth to read, enjoy!

When you give your life to God, He'll put great things into your life and make you the one He originally created for .

Before i received Christ, my daily life was only slack and more slack .I go to school only once or twice a week and i was really not interested in studies .All my days were mostly slept till late afternoon and then hang out in the mall till late night .And when i return home, all i saw was an empty house, a house without love .

My parents were often working and leaving me alone at home, and all of us lacked of communication .Which resulted in a divorce, i was hit quite hard by it and i told myself to seek a love outside because home is not a place for me anymore .In order to get the love i yearned for so badly, i hurted myself emotionally and physically .

And i remembered the way i "directed" from an emotional pain to a physical pain was to take a penknife and slit my arm .The days were really led meaninglessly, aimlessly and at times i would question myself, "What am i on earth for ?" .

Until one day, my friends and i were invited to a Bbq by this group of christians .When i heard of it that it was organised by people from City Harvest, i was a little turned off .Becaused of the bad past i had with City Harvest people i had a bad impression and assume that all the people in the church are the same .

The Bbq went well, the people were awesomely friendly and i knew deep inside i wanted to come back .The following week, they invited us back for a Cell Group meeting, but my friends and i wanted to just go out on a friday night and hence we turned them down .Unexpectedly, they specially had another Cell Group Meeting specially for my friends and i .

And that day i remembered all of us made a friend waited up to 30mins for us at the interchange .Who can actually have such a high patience .The cell group meeting that day was awesome, something or someone moved so strongly in us .Tears just flowed and flowed, but none of us knew why, all we knew is, we felt something we yearned Love .

After that day, i saw my life changed for the better, although i did not go to school everyday yet, but i was dropping my habit of using vulgarities and also i learned how to use the two magic words "Thank You" and "Sorry" .Over a period of time, i found myself knowing this special someone God, i learned about him and i knew he was my only source of love.And because of my love for him, i started to love and accept people that are not the same as myself .

My temper also became better and my schoolmates will ask, "What has gotten into you?" And the most miracle thing happened that was i got into one of the better classes in my school, although this class i am in brings alot of stress, i was taught how to handle stress well and not running away from it .Also, i've learnt how to manage my time well and actually studying, there was once i actually hit 25hours of studying which was a great achievement for me. Through my walk with this special person God, He taught me how to love people even when they hurt you, He taught me the ways of leading a proper life, most importantly he taught me how to love my family .

Without him, i'll never be who i am today .



(back to the top)



About N439


Family. :)

Announcement


  • Outreaches Within Connect Groups:
    date : 17-21 March 2010
    venue : -


    Testimonies

    Brenda's
    Cherie's
    Cheryl's
    Clarissa's
    Helena's
    Jeremy's
    Junhao's
    Michelle's
    Shiming's
    Songjie's
    Weiyong's
    Xingyan's
    Xinni's
    Yanling's
    Yiwei's
    Yizhen's
    Yuanmay's


    Tagboard


    Affiliates

    Brenda Carol Cherie Cheryl Huijuan Jeremy John Pastor Kong Marcus Shiming Songjie Valerie Weers Weiyong Xingyan Xinni Yahlan Yanling Yuanmay

    Archives

    »October 2009
    »November 2009
    »December 2009
    »January 2010
    »February 2010
    »March 2010
    »April 2010

    Credits

    12 3 4 5