Yuanmay's Testimony
Monday, October 26, 2009


Dear friends,My name is Yuan May and I am 16 years old.

I am currently studying at CHIJ Secondary Toa Payoh. I live with my parents and one brother. Although it is a complete family, my dad is often absent from my life. We didn't interact much and often, I had no one to turn to for guidance and affection.Three years ago, before I came to church, my whole life was filled with Bitterness and Loneliness. I had a wide social circle outside, yet I had always yearned for someone to be totally dependent upon. I was a hot-tempered and vulgar person. My life revolved around the need for love, but I did not know what to do with my life, and I got into trouble with a few friends. On TWO occasions, the police was even involved. I was a troublemaker, and I was often called to the principal’s office with those friends. I caused my parents to worry often, yet I disobeyed them and even rejected their love for me when they tried to show it.Because I did not know how to find love at home, I turned elsewhere. I looked for relationships with guys. However, that did not cause my life to change for the better. Instead, I got into relationship problems. I realized that no matter how good the guy may be, they weren't the solution to my problems. They could not handle the issues that I had in trusting and loving people. As a result, I was often angry and disappointed. I may have had relationships, but still, I was unsatisfied.

One day, my brother's friend whom I knew, invited me to attend a church service. I was curious about Christianity so I went along, and I met his church members. They were very sincere and are good company. I was awed. When I went back for service again for the next 2 weeks, I realised that God was the Person that my life was missing.

I always wanted someone who has all the answers, all the affection, all the assurance. And I realised that it was unfair to expect it from the people around me. Because nobody is perfect. Only God can give me what I needed. This really broke my heart, and I decided to give God my life. So, 2 weeks after going to church, I decided to respond and give God my life.God began to give me the shoulder I wanted, and He replaced all my sins, hurts and bad manners.

Though I still have my problems, but with God, I have the strength to overcome them.Truly, with God, my life has changed.I used to be the notorious troublemaker in school. But now, things have changed. I remember being rude to my teacher last year because I was displeased with her. But as I prayed, God calmed me down and gave me His peace. I treated her with respect, and she did too. We did not fight ever since that day I prayed to God. Now, all my teachers in the past years who pass me by in school always say the same sentence – “Hi Yuan May! You’re so smiley now, you have changed A LOT and it is amazingly beautiful”I'm grateful to God for coming into my life, and with Him, nothing is too difficult for me. I believe that God will continue to change my life.
Thank you for your time.


(back to the top)



About N439


Family. :)

Announcement


  • Outreaches Within Connect Groups:
    date : 17-21 March 2010
    venue : -


    Testimonies

    Brenda's
    Cherie's
    Cheryl's
    Clarissa's
    Helena's
    Jeremy's
    Junhao's
    Michelle's
    Shiming's
    Songjie's
    Weiyong's
    Xingyan's
    Xinni's
    Yanling's
    Yiwei's
    Yizhen's
    Yuanmay's


    Tagboard


    Affiliates

    Brenda Carol Cherie Cheryl Huijuan Jeremy John Pastor Kong Marcus Shiming Songjie Valerie Weers Weiyong Xingyan Xinni Yahlan Yanling Yuanmay

    Archives

    »October 2009
    »November 2009
    »December 2009
    »January 2010
    »February 2010
    »March 2010
    »April 2010

    Credits

    12 3 4 5