Songjie's Tesimony
Monday, October 26, 2009


Hi everyone, my name is Song Jie and I'm 15 this year.

I am from a Single-Parent family. I live with my grandfather, mother and 2 brothers.At the age of 10, I was very contented with my life because I had a Dad who would sacrifice his time and money to be with my brothers and I no matter how busy he was in his job as an electrician. I also had a loving mom who would work as a hairstylist for extra income. We even had a maid to take care of our daily needs.

However, everything changed suddenly one fateful day. My Dad, wanting to bring us out during the weekend, decided to work overtime during the week. But one day, when he was working overtime, he met with a serious accident at work. None of us expected it and we rushed to the hospital upon hearing the news. He was in grave condition and the doctor told us to prepare for the worst. The doctor only allowed my mother and elder brother to see my dad in his final moments because the sight of our dad’s condition after the accident could traumatize us as I was too young.3 days later, my father passed away.
From that day onwards, I started feeling cold emotionally and I felt like I was losing everything that I treasured one by one. It was not easy for my mum, because she had to cope with the grief and the greater responsibilities as she was now the sole bread winner.

I hated how things went so horribly wrong in my life. I would drown myself in computer gaming to forget reality. Whenever I thought of my Dad and how things would be if he hadn’t met with the accident, I would cry alone when no one noticed. All this went on until I was sec3.On March 22nd,My Cousin, Jonathan brought me to church on Easter to watch a drama. I felt something very special during the service. I wanted to come back because I was curious about what I felt.I accepted Christ that night and during my first cell group meeting, I encountered a very familiar feeling that I haven't felt for a long time. Father's love.. Ever since that day, my life changed.
I found a loving family in my cell group, and with their love and support, I broke the addiction of gaming. The reason why I wanted people to come to church since that day is because I want them to know what I felt and I want them to know that the God I know is very real and He loves us unconditionally, regardless of our past or failures. He wants to restore and heal us of whatever pain we have gone through. So I just want to thank God, for saving me, and giving me a chance to share my story. Thank you for listening.


(back to the top)



About N439


Family. :)

Announcement


  • Outreaches Within Connect Groups:
    date : 17-21 March 2010
    venue : -


    Testimonies

    Brenda's
    Cherie's
    Cheryl's
    Clarissa's
    Helena's
    Jeremy's
    Junhao's
    Michelle's
    Shiming's
    Songjie's
    Weiyong's
    Xingyan's
    Xinni's
    Yanling's
    Yiwei's
    Yizhen's
    Yuanmay's


    Tagboard


    Affiliates

    Brenda Carol Cherie Cheryl Huijuan Jeremy John Pastor Kong Marcus Shiming Songjie Valerie Weers Weiyong Xingyan Xinni Yahlan Yanling Yuanmay

    Archives

    »October 2009
    »November 2009
    »December 2009
    »January 2010
    »February 2010
    »March 2010
    »April 2010

    Credits

    12 3 4 5